The other UFO encounter with an American submarine.

The unidentified submerged object and submarine

We have seen in this article the meeting of Sturgeon-class submarine USS Trepang SSN 674 in March 1971 with an unidentified object.

Today I want to tell you about a further very recent UFO encounter with another US Navy nuclear submarine that of the USS Memphis (SSN-691).

It was October 24, 1989 – A sailor reports a UFO sighting he had while in the Navy. “I was assigned to USS Memphis (SSN-691), Homeport – Titusville, FL. (Cape Canaveral.)

“Our mission was“ Special Assignments, ”which meant we were protecting the space program. We went out to sea and patrolled while the shuttle was on the pad.

On October 24 and 25, 1989, my ship was on patrol approximately 150 miles off the Florida coast. We were sailing at about 500 feet when the submarine started having problems with the electronics.

The ship was not functioning well, our tanks were losing control, we were losing seaworthiness and the communication area was completely lost.

We stopped and tried to access what was happening. Controls in the reactor area have begun to malfunction. This posed a serious danger to our safety, so the captain ordered us to shut down the reactor, resurface and switch to diesel engines.

When the submarine surfaced, I went to my guard post. The submarine was still experiencing electronic difficulties, but mechanical devices such as diesel engines, stoves, and turbines were working.

It was raining and the whole sky was red like a red neon sign.

I saw a large inverted V-shaped UFO on the left side. The executive officer told me to stand up and he would speak to the captain. Within a minute, the captain appeared on the tower and asked me the distance to the object.

The laser rangefinder determined that the closest point was 200 meters and the farthest point was 1,000 meters from the port. The UFO was not perpendicular to our ship but at an angle of approximately 45 feet.

This object was over half a mile wide. The UFO made a semicircle around our ship, then passed through the stern driving our electronic systems crazy.

We had permanent damage to communications and the sonar room. As the boat flew over the stern, I could see the rain stop under its red glow.

The water seemed to rise nearly a foot as the UFO passed silently. When the UFO finished its swing across the stern, it stopped: the sky turned redder and simply drifted away at tremendous speed in 15 seconds.

When the UFO took off, the submarine returned to normal except for the radio and sonar. We did a quick system check and the captain ordered us to go back to reactor power and get going.

The captain has brought two non-commissioned officers, the executive officer and me to the guard room. He told us not to spread rumors until we had a chance to speak with the commander of the submarine fleet – Atlantic.

We reached the port in about 7 hours where I was taken into “protective custody”.

With two colleagues talking, we agreed that we had witnessed a real UFO. I was the one who shot a laser rangefinder, so I was the only one who had its exact size. I shot that ship as it hovered and got solid readings, not misreadings like I’d do on debris.

We waited for about three hours when an Air Force officer came and made a joke about a weather satellite explosion.

The Navy then transferred virtually all crew members to new assignments.

This included the captain, the executive officer and the entire crew. They’ve been split, which almost never happens unless one of them gets a promotion or a new lead, neither of which has happened.

The military had just split a 4-year-old squad “

Incredible, don’t you think?

alien contacts

Cesare Valocchia

Cesare Valocchia was born in Rome in 1970. He is a telecommunications specialist with dedicated fibre optics and data transfer curses. He cultivates two main passions: volunteering in 118 ambulances and ufology. Instructor of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation maneuvers for adults and children, he collected his experiences as a volunteer on the means of the 118 national health emergency service in Rome in an ebook entitled “Non dirmi grazie” “Don’t tell me thank you” His motto is: Helping those who suffer is the best payment. He has devoted himself to ufology since the early 1990s, and has been running the website since 2011. He conducted the first analysis on the “dancing” Sun of Medjugorje, which linked the UFO phenomenon to the Marian phenomenon. In May 2017, the article was published in the official journal of the National UFO Center. Further analysis of the sighting of unknown flying objects during the “Sun dance” around the world can be found on his website. He has been a member of the National Ufologic Center since 2019.

Leave a Reply